National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. It provides opportunity to the student youth of 11th & 12th Class of schools at +2 Board level and student youth of Technical Institution, Graduate & Post Graduate at colleges and University level of India to take part in various government led community service activities & programmes. The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service. Since inception of the NSS in the year 1969, the number of students strength increased from 40,000 to over 3.8 million up to the end of March 2018 students in various universities, colleges and Institutions of higher learning have volunteered to take part in various community service programmes.
Aims & Objectives :
- To understand the community in which they work;
- To understand themselves in relation to their community;
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility;
- To utilise their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems;
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities:
- To gain skills in mobilising community participation;
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude;
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters; and
- To practice national integration and social harmony
Motto’s Of NSS
The motto or watchword of the National Service Scheme is “NOT ME BUT YOU”.
Activities undertaken by NSS:
- National Integration Camp
- Blood donation
- Disaster Management
- Adventure programs.
College Level Committee (2022-23)
|Sr.No.||Name||Dept.||Status of Nomination||Contact No.|
|5||Prof.Mrs..Chavan D.U.||E & TC.||Member||8149742118|
|6||Prof.V.T.kamble||E & TC.||Member||8551937575|
|7||Mr.K.M.Kulkarni||E& TC.||Member (Tech.Asst.)||9421204468|