All the students must abide by the College Rules, Regulations, Policies and guidelines as promulgated by the College Administration from time to time.
Breach of these Rules, Regulations, Policies and Guidelines shall render them liable to disciplinary, administrative and legal action including but not limited to imposition of fine, suspension or expulsion (both provisional and permanent) from the College as the case may be.
Academic Rules and Regulations
• No student is allowed to paste, exhibit, prepare or distribute any poster, leaflet, notice, pamphlet or handbill in the College premises without prior permission from the concerned HOD / Registrar / Vice-Principal / Principal.
• No student is allowed to leave the class without the permission of his/her teacher or until the class is over.
• No student is allowed to enter into class after five minutes of the commencement of the lecture. Late comers in the class will be marked as absent.
• Any student misbehaving in the classroom/College shall at once be reported to the Principal/HOD by the teacher. The Principal/HOD will take such action as deemed proper which may include imposition of a fine.
General Behavior in Campus
• Students must wear the college Identity Card during their stay in the college premises and during college functions.
• Students must follow dress code of college on all days except Wednesday and Saturday.
• Any student aggrieved by any happenings in the college shall lodge a complaint with the Principal and not with any outside authority unless the Principal permits him/her to do so.
• Use of mobile phones and cameras is strictly prohibited in the college
• Smoking in the college premises is strictly prohibited.
• Political or immoral activities are strictly prohibited in and around the college premises.
• The college students, while parking their bikes / motor cars, are required to put proper lock on them. College administration shall not be responsible for any loss on this account, whatsoever.
The following shall constitute misconduct
• Disruption of, or improper interference with the academic, administrative, sporting, social or other activities of the College, whether on college premises or elsewhere;
• Obstruction of, or improper interference with, the functions, duties or activities of any member of the college, authorized representative of it, or authorized visitor;
• Violent, indecent, disorderly, threatening or offensive behavior or language whilst on college premises or while participating in any college activity;
• Fraud, deceit, deception or dishonesty in relation to the college or its staff or in connection with holding any office in the college;
• Actions likely to cause injury or impair the health or safety of students or staff;
• Harassment of any student, faculty, staff or other employee of the college or any authorized visitor to the college;
• Use of social networking web sites or blogs or wikis in such a way to bring the College's name into disrepute, or to be derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive or hateful to any individual employed by or attending the college;
• Damage to, or defacement of, college property or the property of other .. members of the college community caused intentionally or recklessly,and misappropriation of such property;
• Misuse or unauthorized use of college premises or items of property, including computer misuse;
• Behavior which brings the college into disrepute;
• Failure to disclose information/name/s and other relevant details to staff of the college or any other authorized representative under circumstances where in it is required that such information be disclosed;
• Failure to comply with a previously-imposed penalty under these regulations;
• In the case of a student enrolled on a programme of study which leads to an entitlement to practice as a member of a profession, conduct which might call into question his or her suitability to practice that profession;
• Conduct which constitutes a criminal offence whether that conduct:
a) takes place within or outside college premises;
or b) effects or concerns other members of the College community;
or c) damages the good name of the college;
or d) itself constitutes misconduct within the terms of these regulations;
or e) amounts to dishonesty, in cases where the student holds an office of responsibility in the college.
Following are the types of misconduct and proposed action to be taken by the Disciplinary Committee.
1. Students entering into campus without wearing identity Card.
A fine of Rs. 100/- to be imposed on the spot.
2. Students entering into campus without dress code on specified days.
Afine of Rs. 100/- to be imposed on the spot.
3. Forgery - alteration or misuse of any institute academic document; knowingly submitting a forged or altered document to the institute or to any office.
Proposed action : One or both of the following depending on the severity of the offence.
a) written warning letter to be issued with a copy to parents/ guardian.
b) Suspension from classes for a period depending upon the gravity of offence to be decided by Disciplinary Committee.
4. Creating disturbance in the class / disturbing other classes during lecture or during change of lectures.
Suspending the students for a period up to three days from the institute.
5. Mass boycott of the class / tutorial / lab.
Five marks to be deducted from each subjects' term work and also informing the parents.
6. Using abusive language /comments
i) on fellow students Proposed Action:
Suspension from classes for a period up to 3 days also informing to the parents.
ii) Using abusive language to college staff
Suspension from classes for one to two weeks depending on gravity of offence as decided by disciplinary committee, also informing the parents.
7. Sitting in stairways
First time - Verbal warning Second time - Written warning
Third time - Suspension from classes for a period as decided by the disciplinary committee underwritten intimation to the parents.
8. Making noise/taking loudly in the corridor.
First time - Verbal warning.
Second time - Written warning.
Third time - Suspension from classes for one to two weeks depending on gravity of offence decided by Disciplinary committee underwritten intimation to the parents.
9. Calling proxy for other students in class/tutorials/labs.
First time - marking 3 absents for that particular class along with a stern warning.
Second time - 5 absents and also informing the parents.
10. Putting/removing/tampering notices.
Suspension from classes for a certain period depending on gravity of offence as decided by the Disciplinary Committee.
11. Writing or pasting anything on institute property i.e. on benches / walls / doors, etc.
First time offence - Suspension from classes for 03 days, informing the parents.
Second time offence Suspension for 2 weeks, informing the parents.
12. Abuse of computer / laptop, misuse of internet facility inside the institute.
a) Stern written warning.
b) Suspension for a period to be decided by the Disciplinary committee by informing the parents.
13. Use of mobile phone / ipod /electronic items inside lecture hall/ labs./tutorials.
a) First time confiscation of mobile.for three days.
b) Second time confiscation of mobile for one week.
c) Third time suspension from classes for one month with information to the parents.
14. Smoking in the institute
a) First time written warning.
b) Second time suspension for a period of one to two weeks as decided by the disciplinary committee.
15. Argument with faculty/staff
a) written warning with information to the parents.
b) Suspension for a period to be decided by the Disciplinary committee on the gravity of the offence.