Prof. M. M. Kolap
Head Electronics & Communication Engineering
Massage from Department Head:
Electronics and Communication Engineering Department is started in the year 2006 to cater growing needs of industry for electronics and Telecommunication. Initially the intake was 60, and in the academic year 2012-13 the intake is increased to 120. The total number of students passed out till now from the department is 325. There are 20 faculty members and 6 technical staff members working in the department. There are 7 laboratories in the department which are well equipped with High precision kits and 65Computers having latest configurations. All the laboratories of the department are well connected by high speed LAN.
To contribute the sustainable development by providing skilled technical manpower with ethical and moral values.
To have holistic development of all the courses by following participating management methodology, healthy HR practices, strong industry participation and continuous development in physical resources.
We promise a conducive environment to our faculty, staff and students to realize the vision.
Our Institution strives for not only in educational activities but also in environmental awareness among the youth so as to make the world a better place to live.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design System components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives
- To build up the concepts and fundamentals in mathematics, science and engineering to develop logical skills.
- To train students for the design and development of novel electronic as well as communication systems.
- To provide an opportunity for students to work on multidisciplinary projects there by producing graduates who will exhibit teamwork, ensuring development of sustainable and inclusive Technology.
- To provide students with an academic environment which helps in building leadership qualities, effective communication skills and ethics needed for a successful professional career.
- To prepare students for successful career in electronics and communication industries to work for society benefits.
Program Specific Outcome
Students graduating from the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering will be proficient to:
- Design a variety of electronic and/or computer-based components and systems for applications.
- Solve individual practical experiences in a variety of programming languages and situations
- To develop the communicative skills and comprehensive abilities in students